Text Size
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Any Sand Shark users?

Any Sand Shark users? 2 years 8 months ago #1

• jtindover
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Thinking about adding a beach machine? THe Sand Shark seeems to be the only machine worthy in my price range. I will be using on the beaches of DE/NJ/MD. Everyone I talk to is using the excalibur which is well out of my price range. Anyone have any experience with this machine?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Any Sand Shark users? 2 years 8 months ago #2

• Digger
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
  • Gotta Love this thing!
  • Thank you received: 64
Who makes that? Tesoro?

Re: Any Sand Shark users? 2 years 8 months ago #3

• jtindover
  • Expert Boarder
Yes Tesoro makes the Sand Shark.

Re: Any Sand Shark users? 2 years 8 months ago #4

• Digger
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
  • Gotta Love this thing!
  • Thank you received: 64
I guess that was a dumb question since you posted it in the Tesoro Forum. :blink:

Re: Any Sand Shark users? 2 years 8 months ago #5

• nlartist
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
jtindover wrote:
Thinking about adding a beach machine? THe Sand Shark seeems to be the only machine worthy in my price range. I will be using on the beaches of DE/NJ/MD. Everyone I talk to is using the excalibur which is well out of my price range. Anyone have any experience with this machine?

I purchased a Sand Shark last year and I have been happy with it. I cannot compare it to ay other PI machine so I cannot help you there. Price, warranty, and previous experience with Tesoros were factors. Because our season here is short I did not want to tie up too much money in a water detector.

I purchased mine with the smaller coil. Coils are hardwired, if you want to change coils the machine has to be sent to the factory.

I set my machine up about the same as the recommended factory presets.

The detector is well balanced - I have used mine for several hours straight. The control box can be mounted three different ways on the shaft or hip mounted. Build quality seems quite good.

Because it is pulse induction, there is no discrimination, so it picks up all metals. Hairpins make a unique double blip sound.

I used it a fresh water beach and did very well. Be prepared to do a lot of digging.

It was late summer when I bought it - I used it briefly for snorkelling, unfortunately the water was cold and rough, so I could not stay in long. Looking forward to next summer, it has a lot of potential for making good finds.

I have also used it briefly on salt water beaches and it performs quite well.

Hope this helps a bit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Digger, jtindover

Re: Any Sand Shark users? 2 years 6 months ago #6

• jtindover
  • Expert Boarder
Well I finally pulled the trigger. I have been out three times with the Sand Shark! I am glad I got it. I haven't dug a bunch of junk yet. However the beaches here just got replenished recently. I think It will work fine on my beaches here in DE.
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds
Restore Default Settings