Cemeteries....Perfect Hunting Ground or Off-Limits

More
6 years 11 months ago #19 by JET
The intent was not to locate the coffins but to find items that had been left at the grave site by mourners as they visit the graves. Those would be the types of items that raised the question of using metal detectors in cemeterys in the first place. It could be rosary beads, rings, coins, medals, etc. As to your question, I have three machines - an Excalibur 1000 for water, a White's Coin Strike and a Tesoro Silver uMax.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #20 by shinerod
I personally have no problem with it and frequently MD at cemeteries. However, I find such places to be tranquil and serene. I know that I would never desecrate a grave, and if there are such things as spirits and such, they could vouch for me. I do not hunt directly over graves, since as a previous poster noted, trinkets are sometimes left for the dead and I'm not after those personal items. Graveyards, however, are amazing for old coins of all types. Think of all the funerals held there and all the potentially dropped jewelry and money! Cemeteries have long been used as parks, too. I say leave the voodoo at home and explore a great opportunity, but of course use good judgment...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds