Programming the DFX

More
10 years 1 month ago #1 by Redd
Programming the DFX was created by Redd
Today (Monday may 10th) While sitting around waiting for the tornado warnings to end I went to a special place just for DFX owners. I found what looked like a good program (It got lots of raves over it) and copy/ pasted it to my word prog. Printed it out and installed it after the blowing and rain stopped.
I then thought, What the heck, and walked around the fence behind my house where there is a school with a soccer field.
I'm impressed with the difference in the junk vs goodies sounds my unit makes now. first two finds were wheat pennies.
In all I found the 2 wheat's, 4 memorials,3 nickles,3 dimes, and 2 quarters. Also found another junk ring.
I'm not even sure I did all the programming correctly. There is the acc/rej feature I'm not too sure about.
Wednesday I go to a local Treasure Club meeting for the first time. I know there is someone there that can check my work and fix it if I screwed up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #2 by USCS Digger
Replied by USCS Digger on topic Re:Programming the DFX
Redd don't be afraid to play with the programming. Each machine is a little different. It took me years to find one that really works the way I wanted it to. Don't try using a program for an XLT in your DFX. Most of the time they won't work very well.

More
10 years 1 month ago #3 by Redd
Replied by Redd on topic Re:Programming the DFX
I have some good resources for programming tips. I just dont have all the settings and what they do down yet...It's only been 4 days.
My last detector was the powder blue metal box 5000D hip mount Whites. It's like moving from a Commodore 64 to a New Computer...lol.
I like what it's doing now, but if it can be tweaked a bit I will try it.

More
10 years 1 month ago #4 by USCS Digger
Replied by USCS Digger on topic Re:Programming the DFX
The biggest thing is don't be afraid of it. I know hunters that use the XLT and they are afraid to get into the programming. Best thing is to just jump right in and play. You can't hurt anything. The preset programs can not be changed. Have you Goggled DFX programs yet?

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds